View Single Post
Old 10-25-2009, 06:47 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Rhianoon,
I'm glad to of been of help to you! You mentioned that you have taken the drugs tegretol and neurontin. I've taken both of those drugs also. It's been proven that Neurontin can cause a persons seizures (sz.) to get worse in many cases so please be careful. I was on neurontin and it caused me to have absence status seizures where it led to more brain damage. The drug company that makes neurontin just had a 3.2 billion dollar lawsuit and this is the 4h lawsuit with this co. Tegretol worked good for me for many yrs. but then I started to break out with a rash. Stay away from Trileptal because Trileptal is like a 2nd cousin the tegretol they are so similar. I've learned over the yrs. to speak with my pharmacist they know much more about the drugs than Drs. do.
One other thing you might want to do is to take note if when you listen to music or hear certain sounds on tv or even a persons voice take note if it puts you into a sz. Sometimes a person is sensitive to sounds which can trigger sz. Here's wishing you well and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote