View Single Post
Old 10-25-2009, 10:48 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default New to this site

Hello everyone, A brief History:
Recently came back with adult daughter's (24 yo) blood work. She was diagnosed with Hashimoto's in 2006, had left lobe removed and put on synthroid. Taken off synthroid - put on levothyroxin and problems began.
Up and down she went with the dosages. Found herself separated from her husband right after starting full-time classes at university and having to move out of her home.
Stressful doesn't begin to describe.
Then things began to happen.
Depression (on wellbutrin and another anti-depressant for months), weight gain of over 30 pounds in a very short time, mood swings that you would not believe.

But during this "state" she produced grades to win her a scholarship, a Who's Who honor, and was approached to become an asst manager of a high end purse/leather goods store, which she had to turn down for she was moving 900 miles Back Home!

Now to present a new doctor has tested her for food intolerances and found them to include: gluten/maize-corn/soybean/casein-cow milk/wheat.
Ran the Celiac Disease Comprehensive Panel (which only has two tests)

Tissue Transglutaminase Antibody, IGA <3 U/mL (negative????)
IMMUNOGLOBULIN A 515 H 81-463 mg/dL (high)

I made an appt to see a gastro after hearing a biopsy is the conclusive test to run for Celiac. But who else? Her doc has a wait and see attitude. She wants to know now. As much as possible. We have begun the gluten free - casein free while watching soy, corn, etc.

I am confused and not sure what I our next test or move should be.

The main thing I am concerned with is her severe constipation issues. She had none upon moving back in May, 09. Could it all just be stress? Adrenals?? She has managed to lose the 20 pounds she packed on and is trying to lose more. She rides her bike constantly, always in her books, and drives over an hour to work. She must keep this job to stay insured!!
Help? Any information will be appreciated and I thank you so much.
happyisme09 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote