View Single Post
Old 10-25-2009, 12:01 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thank you so much MrsD!
The new doctor she is seeing has put her back on synthroid (0.075 mg) and introduced cytomel (5mcg-twice a day). She sets an alarm in the am before getting up to take.
She is still losing alot of hair. I need to find the magnesium citrate doc ordered for the constipation, although he said let's try the GF diet and see if this takes care of it before getting the magnesium. She is like "uh, doc it's been weeks...unless that diet works overnight - I believe I will try the magnesium right away."

Bloods taken 09/25/09 claim a T4, FREE 0.9 0.8-1.8 ng/dL

TSH, 3RD GENERATION 0.09 L mIU/L

T3, FREE 276 230-420 pg/dL

The celiac and other blood tests were drawn on 10/15/09 and I wish he had run another batch of the T4 FREE, T3 FREE and TSH. But he did not.
He is going to discover exactly what is going on with this young woman, of which I am truly grateful - I mean, finally!!

But in the meantime, would the biopsy hurt? Should I get an endo in on the mix of things? Nutritionist? Is there an ADRENAL DOC in the house?

I am fairly new to the whole Hashimoto's deal - I thought with her surgery and scripts she was cured! WRONG! Now this.
A one stop doc is what we need. But what is the problem here? Thyroid? Stress? Adrenals? Digestive disorder? Bad luck?
She has just recently begun complaining of headaches, too. (An mri of the pituitary showed no adenoma) She runs very warm all of the time. (Which is a bit of a drag seeing that her mom is always freezing!)

Is celiac due to the thyroid? Or is thyroid probs due to celiac?
happyisme09 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote