View Single Post
Old 10-25-2009, 01:46 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Alice Here

That's too funny because my real name IS Alice. Seriously! I started going by Ally in college.

Thank you, Faux Alice , for answering my questions. I really appreciate it!!! And Annie too!!

Good to get the hyperventillation/co2 retention ideas cleared up. What you described (Alice) about overshooting the mark and getting low co2 happened to me a few months ago when I went to the ER for breathing problems. By the time they got around to drawing blood hours later my co2 was low and I got a lecture on hyperventillating. Fortunately my friends piped in to say, "No, no, she was gray in the face, she really couldn't breathe".

As for the metabolic disease, I have my doubts about whether the blood was drawn correctly. It was done by the awful neuro who said all the wrong things about mg. I was told later that he thinks everyone has a metabolic problem and when I called the metabolic clinic about getting a muscle biopsy they said that they didn't take his patients because he was always making mistakes. Still, I keep it in my back pocket.

I had the night from he** last night, really struggling to breathe. It was awful and horrific. So on Monday I'm calling the neuro to beg for mestinon and I'm calling my sleep doctor to beg for a bipap. I wanted to hold out on the mestinon until I got the pulmonary and emg tests done the third week in November but I just can't take it anymore.

Thanks again both Alice and Annie!!!!!!!!

Ally
bluesky is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote