View Single Post
Old 10-25-2009, 03:30 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jana View Post
Stephanie, how do you sit or lay down? When I am having difficulty breathing (I am a mostly Bulbar MGer who is also asthmatic), I breathe easier when I lay on my left side -- I also tend to sit angled this way in my recliner when I am in exacerbation. Sometimes, I even lean FORWARD (in a sitting position) to catch my breath. Laying on your back makes it VERY difficult for your lungs to work (in an MG body) -- you are pushing AGAINST gravity.

I tend to have the chest pains when I am in exacerbation -- I've had ekgs and worn a Holter monitor -- all came back "normal". If all else checks out (DO get this checked out completely!!!), you may learn that this is just part of the "MG package" -- especially during an exacerbation or time of stress. You DO sound stressed right now -- WITH good reason.

Take care!!
Hi Jana!

I usually lay on my left side. Sometimes I try sleeping on my stomach, which helps my breathing, but worsens my chest pains. Usually this time of year I even have a hard time wearing a brassiere while lying down, because of the pains.

I have had an ekg, ecg, and an TEE but I do not recall having a holster monitor. With no signs heart problems, not even blood pressure elevation, they didn't want to put me through more testing especially after 2 heart catherizations.

I am not particularly stressed out in my life right now, but for some reason every year around this time my MG does get worse.

Thank you for the suggests though!
cherry33778 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote