View Single Post
Old 10-25-2009, 03:41 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

That is something.

I, too, feel that nutritional testing during physicals is a great beginning for just a base line count, if not just something to look back at during times like this.

Is it because of insurance that some pcps are reluctant? I just don't get it. So quick to hand out prescriptions with the vaguest of test results: headaches? here's some imitrex. some indigestion probs? here's the purple pill. Without any tests at all to substantiate the darn drugs. grrrrr.

Is it the gifts that the drug sales reps give or what? No tests to back up the need for the drug in most cases - at least none ordered by any of the failures that I have had as doctors - but they rip off those sheets with frenzy.

Well thanks to the POWERS THAT BE that there is information like this for those like me. I wish I understood many of the terms and so forth, but that will come in time. I can't begin to tell you how this has helped me soo much. When she was first informed of the casein intolerance I ran out and bought lactose free milk! *Please feel free to chuckle. Or oat bread for the gluten! ROFL
I have come a long way. Thank you sooo very much. Lots of reading to do and note taking and maybe send an email off to her doctor with a "hypothetical" case of a young woman with a possible dx of Celiac and a confirmed dx of Hashimoto's, to actually see what deficiencies this woman might have! Possibly zinc, maybe???

happyisme09 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote