Thread: Remission in MG
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2009, 05:17 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jana View Post
hehehehehe, Nicky, I would miss singing IF I ever had a voice to sing! I did "try" to sing a congregational hymn at church once and almost passed out after the first verse. I had to remain sitting for the rest of the service. Everyone kept on staring at me -- which I HATE -- I don't like attention AT ALL!!

Desert Flower -- we must be SISTERS!! 75° is the minimum temp I like, too! About 90° is my fav -- but, it is humid in Tennessee, so it probably feels more like 95°-100°. I drink constantly -- there is a glass of water or tea (mostly decaf) nearby at all times. I probably chug more than 100 oz a day. When I start feeling weak, I drink -- in a few minutes, I am better. I even take a glass or bottle with me in the car.

When I had my ONE and ONLY IVIG, they told me that I needed to drink. I took a 2-liter bottle full of my weak tea/lemonade mixture -- and drank the WHOLE thing during my 5 hour session. The infusion nurse said that she had NEVER seen anyone drink that much -- but, I STILL got the headache -- aseptic meningitis. Just unlucky, I guess.

How exciting to find someone that likes warm temperatures!

I did not drink a lot of water before MG and it didn't seem to effect me.

With MG I have found that I have to have lots of water just to function and also to avoid the side effects of mestinon. Water and mestinon makes it so I can function with MG. The few times I don't drink plenty water I get weak and by the time I feel this weakness drinking water won't help (although I still drink) - I go to bed early on those days.

I have not had IVIG or any medication other than mestinon.

Nice to meet you!

DesertFlower is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote