View Single Post
Old 10-25-2009, 08:03 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hey Kendra,

I take prednisone and it makes me very dizzy...This could be the cause of yours, rather than the quitting...I never really felt dizzy after not smoking...If you're feeling really distressed about quitting, though, that might make you feel panicky and anxious...That happened to me...I have read that other people have felt dizzy after quitting...I think they thought that it was because blood flow increases to the brain and other parts of the body...Basically, your body is healing.

The main things I notice are brainfog, a bit of fatigue and the urge to smoke...

I've found that drinking lots and lots of water for the first few days gets the nicotine out of the blood stream faster...Rather than the typical 3-days it takes to get rid of the nicotine, you could be feeling better in a couple or less with lots of water...The faster you get rid of the nicotine, the closer you are to relieving the 'physical' urge to smoke...

I've done the patches in the past, during my first couple of quits...The patches were very strong and I found that it just prolonged the withdrawal, and was expensive...I also got palpitations from the patches (sometimes there is more nicotine in the patches than what you would normally smoke in a day, so it might be worse than smoking, in terms of nicotine).

hey Joan,

I know...The same thing happened to my uncle...He had been smoking since he was like 10 or something and got lung cancer when he was in his 60s...He could only go a day here and there without smoking, even after finding out about the cancer and the anguish he would go through during just one day was horrible to watch...He smoked until the day he died, after the cancer had spread to his brain...

Do you know what we all noticed, though? He would be okay, in terms of his memory and cognition (this is after the tumour had already spread to his brain), then he'd go outside for a cigarette, come back in, and he'd be different...He'd sorta stagger around the kitchen and he'd forget where he was and what was happening just prior to going out...I don't know if it was directly from the smoking of one cigarette, but it would happen every time he smoked...He had cut down a bit during the last couple of months before he died...
Nicknerd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote