Thread: Alpha-1 and MG
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2009, 10:04 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I will have to look into this Alpha thing. I have mostly Bulbar MG and Asthma -- usually can't tell WHICH is acting up. Albuterol does NOTHING for me. Advair -- zilch. Singulair works, but gives me a massive headache, insomnia, and makes me ill as a HORNET -- so, I don't take it very often. Primatene (inhaler and/or tablets) DOES the trick -- and since ephedrine has also been used to treat MG, I feel like it is a "win-win" situation. My GP and my Pulmo have both cleared me to use the Primatene as often as twice a week (which is usually more than enough).

I've had several "close calls" where I didn't think that I was going to be able to "grab" enough air to stay conscious, but, DID at the last second.

I'm not overweight (not underweight, either), but I cannot breathe AT ALL if I bend over or kneel down. I can't take deep breaths for my doc to listen to my lungs -- I had trouble holding my breath for my last mammogram (I started seeing "black" and thought I was going to pass out.)

I don't smoke -- I've always felt like there WAS something ELSE going on -- maybe THIS is a clue OR the answer.
jana is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote