View Single Post
Old 10-25-2009, 10:57 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

When I couldn't take the Neurontin anymore, because it stopped working for my sensory symptoms and that darned burning. I was switched to Lyrica.

I did wean off the Neurontin slowly, after 6 years on it. I was up to 3600 mgs during my relapses. I had swelling of my feet and ankles so bad the skin on the top of my feet cracked open and would bleed.

The skin could not stretch anymore on the top of my feet. My feet, ankles and legs, went back to normal size, but I have stretch marks on the top of my feet, and I have skinny feet again.

When I tried the Lyrica my symptoms got worse. What it was supposed to help, worsened it. So I only did it for two weeks and got right off it.

I have not had any of that Epilepsy medication now for many years. I don't have Epilepsy, so I would not go back on it for anything. It helped for some of my problems, mostly made me sleepy, but not worth the swelling and pain.

It is addictive so I am glad I went off it. It helps some people, but if you have problems with it, then wean off it, unless you have Epilepsy, then you need something to replace it. JMO

May happiness be at your door. May it knock early, stay late, and leave the gift of good health behind.

"Life is what it is". We can only focus on controlling those things we can control, we must let go of the things we can't.
Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
barb02 (10-26-2009)