View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 01:17 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Annie,

Last year, I was having a lot of digestive problems...I kept getting stomach bugs and would be sick for a couple of days here and there...I also went through a period of time last summer where I was severely constipated for like 2-weeks...I have never experienced anything like this...I actually had to go to the hospital to have an enima...That blasted hospital didn't even do a stool sample on me...In retrospect, I honestly think that the thymoma caused this episode of constipation...I read that it can cause 'pseudo-obstruction' of the intestines, and can randomly resolve itself...

Anyway, this lead to me seeing a gastroenterologist who suspected I might have celiac's disease mainly due to the fact that there would sometimes be a lot of 'fat' in my stools (sorry for the image...lol)...So I had a colonoscopy and a duodenoscopy, and she said that everything was normal...However, she did order a test for the antibodies for celiac's, and I never got around to getting it done...I know, i totally regret it because I still wonder if I have the antibodies but they haven't damaged my intestines yet, but I sorta doubt it...I heard that having a look at the intestines is the gold-standard in terms of diagnosis for that disease...

My neurologist ordered tests for my liver and they were normal...I'm not sure about my kidneys, but I should prolly get them checked out since I have antibodies to dsDNA, and plus I'm taking a crap-load of prednisone and mestinon and vitamins...

I know...I do have a lot going on...I knew that this would happen, you know? This is why I was so vigilant in the past about my joint and muscle pain...I knew that it wasn't normal to feel that way, but I could never get anyone to believe me...I just wanted to know what was causing it so that I could make whatever changes I needed to prevent things from getting worse...But I realize that there was no way anyone could have suspected that I had a thymoma with joint and muscle pain being the initial symptoms...But I think having those autoantibodies should maybe prompt doctors to check for a thymoma...All of my current doctors seem to think this is why I have so much autoimmunity going on, because of the thymoma...But hinesight is 20/20!
Nicknerd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote