View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 06:06 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Cyn and others - on Botox:

My docs - about 4 now - have told me that the Botox works only 4 to 6 times, and then yes, your body builds up some kind of fight to it - remember it attacks us and yet some have the opinion that the attack itself helps our immune system to stop fighting ourselves and start fighting it - charging up and strengthen our immune system to identify the right things to attack. Sort of the bee shot theory.

But back to Botox relief - I've had 4 I think, and the last one was effective for only like three weeks when it all settled in and began it's magic. Remember it just stops the muscles from shaking. So a lot of those goose eggs disappear for awhile. How long? Depends on you. Safety? Still questionable, but me being one of the MOST allergic and sickly of TOSers, I have to say I like it. It works for me.

I am currently trying ground up SOMA (by a coffee grinder) then mixed with a non-irritating cream - any kind - and then work in by my home aide to my muscles seems to be a help. A little grainy. But my doc said "anything to bypass your stomach and liver right now - that's our goal." Because I never eat - skim milk or popcycles - which I know is so bad.

I try the ENsure drink. But I just can't make myself eat protein which is what I should be doing to fight it all...

I have become such a vegetarian nut, too - I hate animal cruelty of ANY kind, so I don't want to eat the mediterranean way I used to, with roasted chicken, lamb, and free range grass fed beef...just doesn't taste right and I feel so BAD eating it, thinking about the poor animal's actual death...

And of course right now they are advertising real fur in the magazines - ugh - but fake fur is getting so good - Rachel Zoe has a line and on QVC and HSN they have some great fake fur options. I love the new vests with a shirt and long dark jeans and ankle boots....aaahhh, the good days when I lived in something other than underwear and in bed.

God bless you all.
tshadow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (10-26-2009)