View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 07:51 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenntaj View Post
Given the sudden increase in symptom spread, however, I'd suspect that new toxic exposures (something tainted that you recently took?) might be more likely--and I'd really look into that B12 level, which does not sound optimal to me
Yes, the rate at which this burning has spread is alarming. (within days it has skipped around the place as it pleases) I'm continually told that 'anxiety' can cause burning sensations...I don't think quite like this tho. It is not unbearable just yet (prob half a point on the pain scale), just the fact that something is going on is the worry, and of course, the potential progression.

I only stopped drinking so much beer a few months ago, but stoped alcohol completely only in the last two weeks, so still maybe some potential to be alcohol related. Just would seem strange, as have friends that drink considerably more. The same weekend this started, I did buy a herbal product for 'calming nerves' apparently with no chemicals or 'bad stuff' in it. It is sold at healthfood stores nationwide, so I think I can assume that is safe? I stopped taking it as soon as this started, so only had two doses. Might have another look at it. I did ask my doctor to prescribe me a B12 sup based on all I have read on here, to which he replied, he wasn't going to start prescribing things because I'd read something on a forum. (Grrrrr)

Oh, and something I didn't mention in my intro was that I have bad tinnitus. It could be from playing the drums, or listening to my ipod too loud, but I believe there are possible nerve connections there too? Just thought it might be worth mentioning.

Thanks for replies so far much appreciated. Will get onto that B12 !
Kiwiboy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote