View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 09:23 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

This is a very interesting post. That is a very creative child you have there!

I have had so many different pains in my feet over the years!

Back when I was about 30 and beginning to develop hypothyroid issues, it was pins and needles 1 and spear pain (in the morning).
This progressed to a deep numbness over the years. When I finally found a doctor to correctly address my hypothyroid and give me replacement hormone, the numbness went to pins and needles 2. It took a year, and I was then in pretty good shape.

Then the insulin resistance really took hold after a few years, and burning started. Not quite lava, but close. On a bad day I'd have it running up my legs at night. I still have a small numbness in 2 toes on each foot, but it is not a big thing to me.
I found that eating potatoes was a big factor in the burning. Also MSG in foods. Aggessive use of Benfotiamine, r-lipoic acid,
chiro inositol, chromium, have really helped. (I take other things too, but not to target this specific problem.)
I am now doing l-citrulline and l-arginine and notice my feet are not so cold as they were. (hypothyroid people often have cold extremities and this is hard to control).

I had a root canal a week ago... a slowly dying tooth, that cracked off, and when that was finally done, I noticed that the
brief stabbing pains I was having all over may have been due to the infection from this tooth. I would have a few zings everyday, which moved around, but were not long lasting...maybe 3-5 seconds. I haven't had a "zing" attack since 3 days after the dental appointment. Inflammation is a strange thing...it does things to us and appears differently for many people depending on their individual genetics.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote