View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 10:47 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks jcc.
I once began a total organic, additive free, as fresh as possible and raw within reason diet in 2005. Better water, better food choices, etc. I was amazed and in shock when my chronic sinus problems began to wane, the indigestion that I was given a script for nexium for dissipated, migraines became very infrequent and my own IBS problems seem to lessen. No drugs. No OTC supplements. Just really good foods. Lots of super greens too. (still working on high triglycerides with plant sterols. need new blood work)
I believe in it.

I have lists all over the place and run to three separate stores to find the gluten free/casein free foods. (we have no Whole Foods or Trader Joe's nearby. Our "region" lives for fried foods or whatever can be delivered at a drive thru window). Even without the biopsy, we know there is something amiss with her and I believe gluten free is the way to go especially with Hashimoto's. The casein? I have no idea.

Flour, cookies, sauces, pastas, breads, rolls, whatever it takes. I have been doing this along with dd. And I try the new supplements first. She claims a good personal assistant does that. LOL!!!

Her first appt is for Nov 18th. So, I don't even know if the gastro will order the biopsy or not. But if so, I am sure it will be within three weeks of the 18th - this is getting close to the end of the insurance year and close to holidays so appts will be scarce, I am sure!
I asked my dd if it was crucial that she find out if there is damage and she really wants to. So? Keep her on the gluten? Call the doc and see what she recommends?
It is out of her pcp's hands tho.
happyisme09 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote