View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 12:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default New to the forum...question for all

Injured in a fall in 1986 - finally diagnosed with Right side TOS in 1988, went bilateral in early 1989.

Had rib resection in 1988(June I think) worked for about 3 months....went back to even more severe and bilateral at that time.

Retired for medical in July 1990.

Treated by VA ever since.

Been an interesting road.

"You have TOS."
"You don't have TOS."
"You might have TOS."
"You may have had TOS."

Anyway...to sum it up...a LOT of tests later and over 20 years....

I have:

TOS(Bilateral Neuro/Vascular)
Fibro
Arthritis(L5-S1)

Constant pain body wide and no options left. The VA was talking surgery on elbow/wrist such as is done for Carpal Tunnel and Tennis Elbow....not interested.

Now for a question.

Has anyone had Nerve Root injections(I think thats what it's called)?
I am going for eval in early Dec and am trying to get an idea of the effectiveness of it before committing to anything. I also go tomorrow for eval for TENS unit and will actually get trained this time. Used one before but quit working after I left the hospital, probably because I didn't have a trained medical person to apply the leads where they would actually work.

Wife is now a Licensed Massage Practitioner in Washington State and will be able to help...just don't have a unit to use.

If anyone on here has any info on the injections and effectiveness I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Last edited by Jomar; 10-26-2009 at 01:56 PM. Reason: copy made to main tos forum thread