View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 01:26 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default NARCOMS Gene Research :)

A few months back I was asked if I were interested in being in this study. They are testing 10,000 MS patients blood for gene study research. It does not matter the type, level of disability; the only requirement is you have a definite MS diagnosis.

I was recently contacted and asked if I were still interested in the study. They are sending me the kit and postage paid return box. This will cost me nothing or cost my insurance anything. I can go right here in town to have my blood drawn.

I will not be told my results but instead the groups results. I was also told when they called 50 to 100 genes are involved where MS is concerned.

I get my blood work done tomorrow (Tuesday) morning. Already called Fed Express for a Priority Overnight pickup tomorrow afternoon. Needed to explain there was blood in the package and it's being mailed in accordance with the law.

Aside from my 2 neuro's at Pittsburgh's MS Clinic and also releasing my neuro's records from the doctor I saw in Baltimore at Johns Hopkins.

Too, released are my Outpatient Clinic Records, Progress Notes, Consultations, History & Physical Exams, Medical information related to my illness, Radiology Reports, Radiology Images, Diagnostic Imaging Reports, Laboratory Reports and Discharge Summaries.

I hope Dr. Hauser is able to get to the bottom of this MS puzzle.
This is through the University of CA, San Fransisco
Multiple Sclerosis Susceptibility Project
Sponsor/Funding: NIH/NMSS/Nancy Davis Foundation
0357 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DizzyLizzy (10-30-2009), Grammie 2 3 (10-26-2009), Lady (10-27-2009), Riverwild (10-26-2009)