View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 01:47 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I too think this is a good subject to post up. We are faced with a monster of a problem, and then to compound things the meds we take make it a bit more difficult. They take natural desire and suffocate it, making it that much more difficult to have those feelings or desires.

I agree with Kate that the earlier in the day the better. If you wait to long you get to the place where the "S" word is the last thing on your mind, and just about everything else you might want to do physically is nearly impossible.

Thankfully my wife understands, and tries her best to be there. She takes depression meds, so she also has problems getting in the mood. We make a great team LOL!

Early on in my new RSD life I told her I wouldnt hold it against her if she wanted more out of life than what I was now capable of. She let me know right then that her life was going to be "us", and it would never get bad enough for her to have those kinds of thoughts. It was a great relief for me, and a comfort to know I have someone in my corner.

Being open and communication is the key to all relationships, and not complaining to our loved ones so much that we drive a wedge into our relationship is key. This forum has helped sooo much in that I can come here and pour out my heart, or read where others are having the very same troubles causing me to rethink just how bad I have it. Even causing me to want to reach out to help those that I now call my RSD family putting my worries and troubles far behind me. This really puts things into perspective, making it hard for me to be self centered or completely focused on pain.

You also might find that just giving your undivided attention to your partner will help over come a multitude of problems

Gone Squatchin
allentgamer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (10-26-2009), ALASKA MIKE (10-30-2009), Dew58 (11-01-2009), fmichael (10-26-2009), Mslday (10-26-2009), SandyRI (10-26-2009), SBOWLING (10-26-2009), Swatgen27 (11-01-2009)