View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 07:50 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default I would make an appt if you can?

w/a neurologist ASAP! Otherwise, you may find yourself in the ER in excruciating pain as I had...five weeks after my toes got 'numbish'? Things progressed...and when it got above my ankles and got my fingers and palms I called my GP..who said: Go to the ER...they really didn't do much there? By then NUMB+PAIN was up to my knees and elbows? Other than determine I HAD SOMETHING. Saw the neuro two weeks later who'd determined it to be merely 'PN'. My case turned out to be CIDP....a cousin of Guillan Barre. Essentially your immune goes overboard and attacks your nerves instead.
Don't ever tell a doc what you think is happening? Just explain simply as possible and as concisely as you can HOW FAST things are changing and how it hurts!...
Best to get help asap rather than the ER...Ideally the immune testing done asap... which most docs dont/wont do until later? SIGH! That all is key to stalling damages done in the future.
Bring w/you this 'index'? It mite help - read thru it yourself and only YOU can determine which aspect fits your issues. Better that you give the docs the clues than they find them on their own? After all, THIS IS A RELIABLE SITE! That always helps keep you outta the 'nutcase' factor, ya know?
http://neuromuscular.wustl.edu/naltbrain.html
So, don't be scared? Go forth and assert yourself fiercely! [But, diplomatically] First treatments are for pain relief-some work? Some put you into another planet! Work hard to describe HOW any given drug works to help aleive pain. Some only do a little? Some a LOT-but the side effects are? well, creepy or unpleasant.
ONLY YOU KNOW that something is seriously NOT RIGHT! At this point? getting help is key. What to do next, is up to you!
Hope always and please, PLEASE keep us up to date on how things are going.LEARN ABOUT this all and beat it! And, don't panic! Hope is what you need to find in a doc - go with him/her! - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote