View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 08:08 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default NERVE re-growth is a quirky thing?

I often have to sit and THINK about whether it's nerve degeneration or regeneration!
There has been very little done in this quarter. I can't even recall when a 'regeneration' study of value [other than on snails or slugs?] was done in the last 2-3 years.
This is often how it feels tho [To me at least?] Degeneration issues are constant! Nerves and muscles in areas affected deteriorate rapidly and often w/o warning. Regeneration? is more like a proliferation of zeeps and zaps that occur/re-occur for periods lasting USUALLY about 5 minutes to a 1/2 hour. New nerves are 'asking' for 'what do I do?' cues and you need to understand this. As they've no 'direction' at first.
With the first? You almost want to amputate limbs? With the latter? You simply want to 'jump outta your skin'! Altho it's a temporary thing? It's not fun?
Nerves die very FAST! They regrow soo much more slowly? And when they grow, they NEED Direction, and programming. Physical therapy can be ever so useful in this process-IF you can find a good therapist!
I hope this help you start to keep at it? There is and can be relief out there! - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote