View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 09:53 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Lyria: a love/hate relationship

I pretty much get every single known side effect from Lyrica (I didn't know about the dizziness. I never noticed that but the, I'm blonde LOL) I've gained so much weight so fast, it boggles my mind. I've taken other drugs (Neurontin) that cause weight gain but this sin't funny any more. In the last 5 years I've gone from 120 to 170. Plus, my vision gets blurry and my hands and feet swell up so badly my ankles look like my Polish grandmother's. and noone knows why this happens. That's the disconcerting part. Am I going to be seeing a commercial on television by the Law firm of Dewey Cheatem and Howe asking, "Did anyone take the antiseizure drug Lyrica and is now suffering kidney problems or heart failure...blah blah blah. But it helps the pain so much. Now I just use it PRN. If the pain is so bad my usual meds can't cover it, I'm not sleeping but I am crying I will take two seventy-five mgs. capsules and sleep for 12 to 17 hours. At leasat when I'm asleep, I don't hurt. I usually feel better when I wake up. I also have had some recent experience with my hair falling out. My various docs thought the Tramadol was the culprit. Zonisimide actually encourages weight LOSS but does little for my pain. Susan
Tennis Player is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote