View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 10:12 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenntaj View Post
--
Still, if the damage is not complete, healthier cells may take over the function of dmaged ones in time. This usually involves the sprouting of entirely new axons, though, and it takes a REALLY long time--not to mention the weird sensations one will experience as these new fibers reconnect.

Truly, ganglionopathies are very mysterious, even compared to more common neuropathy presentations. But, while regeneration/recovery is difficult, if the process is monophasic, and does not continue chronically, it can occur, at least to a partial extent.
Thanks glenntaj, so how does one deal with this burning.Has yours settled? are you on meds? Are there any specific tests I should be asking the Neuro to conduct when I see him next week? (I guess skin biopsy--EMG and NCV) The burning, maybe due to stress levels of what I"m reading, seems to be getting worse! I'm not sure if a life of pain and pain killers is the life for me! but what options does one have? I am just over two weeks since this hit me out of the blue.
Also, does the fact that my hands are popping off to sleep with the slightest bend of the elbow or arms above the head when I'm in bed mean anything... that seems to be becoming more pronounced also. Is that typical of ganglion involvement? I read somewhere about this problem coming about because of cancer in the body?? do you know anything about that?
And finally, why, if all exposure to anything has stopped does it progress? is it a case of once the scale tips in one direction, it just keeps tipping regardless? thank you so much for your knowledge on this.

Last edited by Kiwiboy; 10-26-2009 at 10:28 PM.
Kiwiboy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote