View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 10:33 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieB3 View Post
Kendra, I'm sorry you found out that you have interstitial lung disease. I know it's not a good diagnosis but you can do some things about it.

Remember that nicotine is a cholinesterase inhibitor, just like Mestinon. So when you withdraw from it, you may need a boost in your Mestinon. That's the #1 reason you need to discuss all this RIGHT AWAY with your neuro. You don't need to go into a crisis too.

Quiting smoking is very hard. And there are lots of other chemicals in those cigarettes other than nicotine. Makes me sick to think about it.

Steph, this is for you:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10958234

Thanks for putting your photo up there. I am going to assume that you are African American. The reason I'm bringing that up is that lupus is very common for African Americans, more than Caucasians. And you said you never smoked. So, I am wondering if you may have lupus. Do you have any other symptoms that may indicated that? Yes, it may be from asthma but you don't want to assume that. Have you seen a pulmonologist? If not, it is probably a very good thing to do. Do you take any asthma drugs like Advair?

http://www.lupus.org/webmodules/weba...235&zoneid=523

And you better believe that doctors quickly cover their steps after they make a "mistake." Especially places like Mayo and Johns Hopkins. Steph, find yourself a good rheumatologist to make sure you don't have lupus. Pred, by the way, can make both MG and lupus "disappear."

Geez, you guys are making ME dizzy this week.

Kendra, I hope you can work all this out. Be careful though.

Annie
Hi Anne,

No I do not have lupus. I have been tested for that as well as any other blood disease such as sickle cell.

Thanks for the concern,

Steph
cherry33778 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote