View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 11:01 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Welcome!!

Hi Stephanie,

Sorry I'm late here but I wanted to say: welcome!!! This is a wonderful forum with lots of warm and knowledgeable people, you'll love it.

I went to the Mayo Clinic too. I had to begfor a week for an mg test and when it came back positive (twice) my regular mayo doc was too embarrassed or I guess arrogant and didn't say anything (jerk). The neurologist told me but said it didn't mean anything and that I didn't have mg (nice older gentleman but still, grrrrrrr - how could he not know that???). Anyway, good for you for diggning out your records. I've heard so many, many times that people have gone back and discovered results that their docs didn't tell anyone about. Unfortunately, you have good company.

I'm kind of confused about what tests they ran for you at Mayo but I do know if they did run mg antibody tests (although I think you were diagnosed later? Sorry, a little hazy) and if they came back positive than that would have automatically triggered several other tests one of which is the anti-striational test that Annie was referring too. If you think they might have done those then just call them up and have them send you the records. It's easier than having to dig them up. Ugh. I hate digging things up.

I'd see a neurologist soon to ask about that shadow. Didn't they look into your thymus when you were diagnosed? Well, they should have!! Aaaarrrrgh.

Good for you for asking questions. Keep it up and you'll get to the bottom of all this. Hey, you're waaaaayyyy ahead of me, I'm going on 8 years of this.

Ally
bluesky is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (10-27-2009)