View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 01:21 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

My dog (that died in 2006) had tummy problems. He always had to puke on (white) carpeted floors, and in the corners...so I couldnt throw conveniently a blanket or towel under his head if I had one laying around.

Oh, and he weighed more than 100 pounds, and when he puked, it was one of those "ohmygosh...where does he keep all that in there???"

Do you know how hard it is to clean about 5 pounds of partially digested dog food and bile off of carpeted floors? (word of warning...dont use a vacuum unless it's a wet/dry vac...my dad used to use our good Kenmore vacuum to clean Tiny's vomit up. You can still smell it...good thing we bought an Oreck a few weeks ago)

At least sometimes when he was puking, I could guide him towards the door sometimes and get him outside, he wouldnt turn around and rip my arms from their sockets that Han Solo told C3PO and 3PO told R2D2 to "let the wookie win..." (because it was 3PO who was going to lose arms if Chewie lost the game) But, that's only because I did a lot of training with Tiny so that he'd let me manhandle him when he was sick or hurt. (100+ pound dog, it was a self defense tactic to make sure that I could touch him anywhere I wanted to without getting my face ripped off)

Know what's worse than a 100+ pound vomiting dog? A 100+ pound vomiting dog who also has uncontrollable diarrhea...

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Blessings2You (10-27-2009), Dejibo (10-27-2009), ewizabeth (10-27-2009)