View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 07:53 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default I got talked into a flu shot!

I have NEVER had a flu shot before. I have never had the flu before until recently. I went to see the local neuro guy who is quite ....hmmm....how shall I say...matter of fact. to the point. blunt is a good word. He questioned me on my choice to not get a flu shot. I explained I had never had the flu, and since I had never had it, I didnt feel the need to get poked with any more needles than I do everyday.

He went a bit pink in the face, and pointed to my records. Said "you have never had the flu until...and he flipped my record over...till recently, and then of all flus, you got H1N1. So, it proves that you are not invunerable. MS kept your immune system working hard, and I believe that you never had the flu, or colds, but since I am using Copaoxone to "regulate" your immune system, I expect your body to behave like everyone elses." WOW He went on for a few minutes, and asked my DH if he had his flu shot. He said he ALWAYS gets one. (thanks frank) And the MD used that as a jumping off point that "healthy people with healthy habits dont get sick" I got this lecture on unhealthy habits...sheesh!

before all was said and done, I had a nurse standing over me with the MD saying " i REALLY want you to take this flu shot." I gave him the puppy dog face, and he said "REALLY want you to have it." The DH said "me too!" so, I rolled up my sleeve, and BLAMMO! it pinched, but nothing major.

I took a big girl pill and had my flu shot. The DH had to take me out for a nice lunch after to keep him out of trouble for not being my buddy in there. I hate MS! Have I said that recently?! I HATE this disease. it has caused me so much grief. Before going into that MD I would have bet 1k that i wouldnt take the flu shot. There were signs everywhere that flu shot clinics were canceled. He said he had some on reserve for "immune compromised" patients. then waggled a finger at me and said "thats YOU!" sheesh! no pressure or nothing.

Ive been poked!

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ewizabeth (10-27-2009), hollym (10-27-2009), SallyC (10-27-2009), SandyC (10-27-2009)