View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 10:33 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hey Kendra,

First let me say I tried to quit cold turkey and i went right back to it. Because the cigs I smoked were the lowest in nicotine .1mg, on the market I bought the 21mg patch and cut it in half. Now a box lasted me twice as long. I also got a box of the 4mg Nicorette gum for the times I had a strong craving. Eventually I took a 21 patch and cut it into 3 strips and it cost much less than buy the 7mg box. I also went to the 2mg gum. I used the schedule they give you on the patch box. I did really well doing it this way. I no longer use the patch, but I still use the 2mg gum when I get strong urges and it helps a lot. It's been 12.5 weeks for me and I know I've got it beat! I will tell you my pcp wanted me to go cold turkey, but my cardio & neuro said use what ever I had to, to get through it. Kendra if you smoked a cig with high nicotine content, I would strongly suggest you start with the 21mg patch and work your way down. Then when it's time to go to the 7mg, you can buy the 14 and cut them in half and save a lot of money. I know the patches cost, but look what you are saving on cigs. Walmart is the cheapest for both the patches and gum. I'm sorry this has happened to you, but if it's from smoking you can do this. Belive me I know have difficult it is. I'm 57 and smoked 2 packs for as long as I can remember. I'm already seeing some benefits. I don't cough anymore or weez. It's great that I don't have to leave everyone and go outside to smoke. I do still feel like such a big part lf me is missing, but I have to keep telling myself it was a bad part and I don't want it back. Also, my sense of smell and taste are so much better. I now realize I'm not as good a cook as I thought I was all these years! Good luck and if I can be of any more help, just ask. Take care.

Big Hugs,
Pat
Pat 110 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Nicknerd (10-27-2009)