Old 10-27-2009, 11:33 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieB3 View Post
Steph, See my response to you in Dog Lover/Kendra's post, okay? Now the Keloids make sense.

Also, if you have trouble absorbing B12 through your digestive system, swallowing a tablet with B12 won't help. Unless you've actually had it tested, you can't say for sure what your B12 is up to!

I think you need better doctoring. Probably a new rheumatologist. Damn, I'd be so ticked off about the interstitial lung disease being missed. That'll cause your O2 sats to drop. Idiots.

Hang in there.

Annie
I have a brief comment.... B12 is absorbed orally if taken in megadose 1mg or 5mg on an empty stomach. This is passive absorption, (with no intrinisic factor). If you are intact with intrinsic factor more than the estimate of 10% is possible.

There is a new formulation of oral B12 coming that is about 50% absorbed.
Here is my B12 thread for those interested:
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread85103.html

The best form to use is methylcobalamin orally, since some people cannot activate and methylate cyano form properly.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (10-27-2009), cherry33778 (10-27-2009), Pat 110 (10-27-2009)