View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 12:50 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default My fax machine is driving me crazy

Okay, don't get me started.

I'm a relatively intelligent woman who has BEEN FAXING SINCE FAXING WAS INVENTED.

In my living room, I have my Brother Intellifax 1270 hooked up to my answering machine (been this way for 18 years).

When my cartridge ran out (because I was getting stupid spam faxes every day), we never replaced the cartridge. BUT WE STILL WERE ABLE TO SEND FAXES. I know because people confirmed this.

Well, some time ago I had to fax Alan's medical stuff to a doctor and all they got was black pages.

I then went to the near by store and faxed from there.

Well, I just found out that yet again, (last week, but they just told me now), that they got black pages from my faxing them.

So I checked all connections. My phone (which is on the fax machine), had a dial tone. My fax was giving me the fax tones. IT SEEMED TO BE WORKING FINE.

I tried to fax again. She got black page at her end.

I said "Hmmm, let me see if this is connected the way it says in the manual.

IT WASN'T. I had the line from the wall thing going into the wrong place. (even though I got dial tones and fax signals, no one was getting my faxes).

So I just viewed the manual online.

this is what it says to do (and I just did this).

1. Plug the telephone line cord from the wall jack into the left side of the fax machine, in the jack labeled LINE. I DID THIS

2. Plug the telephone line cord from your TAD into the left side o the fax machine, in the jack labeled EXT (Makd sure this cord is connected to the TAD at the TAD'S telephone line jack, and not it's telephone set jack).

I DID THIS TOO!!!

3. Set the Answer Mode to Tad. (I have no idea what this means)

4. Set your external Tad to 4 rings or less (it is).

5. Set the Tad to answer calls (my answering machines ALWAYS works.

I just tried to fax my friend. I made sure I had a dial tone, I got the beeps, she gave me her number.

Guess what?

BLACK PAGE.

So what do I do next?

Why would a fax machine not be able to send faxes?

And why do they come out at the other end BLACK PAGES.

See, the fax is going through, no?? but the print is not.

GRRRRRR

Melody lol

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (10-27-2009)