View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 03:11 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kicker View Post
We had enough $, the whole family went on a cruise, got the tiny cheap rooms, so small, left wheelchair outside door, One night , guess some drunks took a joy-ride, broke the foot rest on the side I depend on, my "good side. I get very uncomfortable in that chair now. Cruise before wasn't like that, had great food - named for famous people - Cel*****y - all that worked on that boat were great, helpful, etc. Next cruise where damage done, like a Place with rides and games - C*****l was terrible! The McDonald's fast food of cruises. Loud, low-class (yet same price), very unhelpful anonymous staff , 24 hour pizza but other food not so great. Took whoever stole wheelchair little time to ruin it. I keep my good powerchair out of anyone's reach now. These are my legs!!!
Did you complain to the cruise line about the joyride? They might have had security cameras that got the <bleepity bleeps> on tape.

Dont those cruises have handicap accessible rooms? Something big enough that can accomodate wheelchairs and scooters?

I have a serious phobia of ships...Not sure if it's because I like to read about maritime disasters like the Titanic and the Andrea Doria, or if it's related to my fear of deep, open water. (I cant even swim in a small lake...I can swim in swimming pools...which is weird)

I've seen too many news stories about people getting the norovirus on cruise ships, and I get seasick fairly easily because the MS gives me vertigo and it's easy to set off the vertigo now. So, I havent ever really wanted to go on a cruise. (altho an Alaskan cruise is a bit tempting. I'd love to visit Alaska someday)

My neighbors have gone on that "famous people cruise line" and havent had a lot of nice things to say about it. (last time they got norovirus...at least they'd just gotten home when it hit them. They came home, and said they'd been home about an hour before they started getting sick) I dont think they're going to do many more cruises anymore.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote