View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 05:05 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Heart

Brian, I've had similar conversations with a couple neuros. We went through the drug options - and why I couldn't have them - and the side effects.

Probably what most doctors don't talk about are the "alternative" options, like taking C0Q10. Or having supplements while you take those other drugs like Prednisone that help with the side effects (i.e., fish or flax oil).

This is going to sound trite but I don't mean it to be. Deepak Chopra is a very introspective and well-educated person, committed to health/well-being topics. Have you read anything of his?

http://store.chopra.com/showitems.asp?deptcode1=510

The only fault I find with this particular way of "thinking" is that if you don't "think away" your illness, the guilt that comes with that is paralyzing. As if you are responsible for your own illness because you can't think positively enough! I do find his thoughts about healing DNA/RNA quite interesting.

And I know I'm going to sound like a broken record but enough sleep, whole, organic foods, sensible supplements, no stress, laughing, etc. have a big impact on our health/immune system.

The drug choices for MG are finite so far. There's always the risky chemo plus stem cell therapy but not many people have done that (Johns Hopkins has). It comes with huge risks, including an MG crisis while you basically don't have an immune system left.

Only you can decide what you need to have remission or a better quality of life. I hope you guys have a good discussion.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DesertFlower (10-30-2009)