Thread: Flu shots
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 06:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Flu shots

I am not getting either one. My Neuro said if I wanted to get the seasonal he was ok with that. My Int. Med Dr told me yesterday she wanted me to get both but the H1N1 has to be a vaccine not the nasal spray. I told her I am terrified of them and plan to be extra careful this year. The scariest part is that once they are injected they are there and you can't reverse it. My sister was DXed with H1N1 about a month ago. She is perfectly healthy and is on her 6th round of meds. It has attacked her lungs terribly. She is getting better but her Dr. told her that it is spread through the eyes, ears and mouth. He suggested using a sinus rinse daily to get any bacteria out of the sinuses before they set in. He also said drinking a hot drink at night will help kill bacteria in the mouth. He suggested she wear glasses or sunglasses whenever possible to keep anything from getting in through the eyes. He said all of these are in addition to the basics, staying out of overpopulated areas as much as possible, washing your hands often and using hand sanitizer in between. I also have a friend going through radiation for breast cancer and she told me the same thing about the hot drinks and sinus rinse. I plan to try it. It certainly can't hurt. I am a firm believer in the sinus rinses. I used to get sinus infections yearly and haven't had one since I started using mine.
Kendra
dog lover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DesertFlower (10-30-2009), Nicknerd (10-27-2009), Pat 110 (10-27-2009)