View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 07:03 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Pulmo visit & frustration

Hi Pat,
I was thinking you were the one who had recently quit smoking. Congratulations!!! I so admire you. I have cut way down and already feel so much better. I am not waking up coughing and don't get nearly as winded when walking dogs. I think I am going to need the patches to be able to give them up totally. It is crazy but as long as I know I can have 1 or 2 a day I can make it. It is the fear of never having one again that I am struggling with. I know it sounds ridiculous but I DO want to quit I just have to get my mind to accept that I am giving them up for good. I smoke ultra light 100's and was smoking 1 pack a day. I have a couple of 21 mg patches. I may try half of one tomorrow and see how that works. I will go to Wal Mart and get some gum too. Thanks so much for the info. I had to laugh about you saying you still feel like you are missing a part of yourself. I soooo understand that!!! I may email you for a pep talk if I hit a rough spot. Just knowing others have made it helps so much. I am feeling so much better. I don't know if it is the Pred or cutting down so much on the cigarettes but I feel today like it will be worth it. As much as I hate to admit this over the weekend i was asking myself why I was putting myself through the misery of giving the cigarettes up when I was so sick and not enjoying my life anyway. Today I KNOW it can only help and I have to do everything in my power to help my body stay strong so I can fight these health issues.
Thanks again
Kendra
dog lover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Nicknerd (10-27-2009), Pat 110 (10-27-2009)