View Single Post
Old 01-11-2007, 03:48 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Fibro & RSD? Comparisons

I don't remember which ones of you have said you have both FM and RSD, otherwise I'd send a PM to you. But, can someone tell me how they know the difference in their FM pain and the RSD pain. Isn't the RSD usually at least "over-layed" with the intense burning, along with deep aching, & I usually feel like my bones are being "squeezed" .... hard to explain. And, isn't FM usually worse in the a.m., like arthritis is, but then eases up as you move around? Isn't FM also aching in the joints, also a muscle soreness, along with being tender on those "certain sites" IF someone touches them?

I read recently that FM is a burning pain. That really confused me. I was diagnosed with FM in 1997, was put on 5 mg of Flexerill, and I never had another problem with pain or sleep!

In 2001 I developed RSD to my right upper extremity after my injury & it always felt like the burning, etc.

And, can someone please tell me what you think about this: After I was injured in mid-2001, I kept slowly increasing the Flexerill I'd been on since 1997, until I was taking 20 mg every nite (only at nite so I could stay awake during day to work). But in 2004 it was discovered that it was giving me heart trouble, so they took me off it.

I also read that Flexeriall could cause Peripheal Neuropathy. Since 2002 I'd begun having burning on bottom of my feet. But when I went off Flexeriall it much improved, so I thought that's all that happened. But, the burning slowly went up both legs, until now it's up to mid-thighs, even though the bottom of my feet had improved (still burn, but not like when I was on Flexerill).

So I think that the Flexerill caused neuropathy, which then turned into the RSD.

My left arm & shoulder also have mild RSD now for the last couple of years. I haave severe neck spasms, & just like my arm & shoulder, I can't stand having any cool breeze touch my neck either. Although my lawyer says you can't get RSD in your neck or torso. Is this true?

The burning & needles and pins in my arms occasionally goes across my chest. I don't know if this is just an "echo" from the pain in my shoulders because it seems to usually only happen when I'm in a severe flare-up of both arms.

I've also had trouble with vision for about 18 mos. I thought it was due to starting Lyrica, but even when I go off of it I still have trouble. Mostly blurred when I try to read more than a short paragraph (worse on some days), but I've also had double vision. Has anyone else had this? I recently read Dr. Hooshman's site where he said the RSD can go up the arm into the occipital nerve area (and I have had many Occipital headaches, they tell me), and to part of your brain stem (if I'm remembering right), which can cause vision problems!

Also, he mentioned tinnitus can be caused by RSD. I've also struggled with this, no matter if I'm taking meds or not. I've had to stop my meds for several days at a time to prepare for a Work Comp doc exam, and the blurred vision & tinnitus don't improve.

I'm going to a Work Comp Neurologist on Jan 16th, (unless he reschedules it AGAIN), and I'd really like to know if anyone else has had my type of "feelings" (i.e. the spreading, especially), so I know whether or not I should mention it.

Thanks all!

Denise
Denise G is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote