View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 08:36 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

He did say the risk is more with an increase in infusions, but that even those people fall within the 1:1000. Those patients with less infusions have less risk. Sorry I didn't make that clear.

He also said that they do not recommend taking a break from Tysabri. When I asked him about the comment someone from the help center said to me yesterday, that disease activity seems to resume after about six months from stopping Tysabri, he admitted he didn't know that for sure, but that if somebody told me that from his support center, it's definitely true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie8 View Post
Wiz, I don't get it. How can the Senior Director of Patient Services keep claiming that the risk is 1:1000 and won't acknowledge the risk is greater with more infusions? I ask this because according to this article in International Business Times Biogen people told investors on a conference call on Oct. 20, 2009 that the risk increases with a greater number of infusions.

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/2009...data-mixed.htm

This makes me angry because it seems like they are telling investors one thing but patients another thing??

Turn Left at the next election.

RRMS DX 01/28/03 Started Copaxone again on 12/09/09
"Thanks for this!" says:
Grammie 2 3 (10-28-2009), Natalie8 (10-27-2009), Riverwild (10-28-2009)