View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 10:30 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monarynko View Post
I have been on Lyrica for almost 3 years now. Side effects have diminished somewhat EXCEPT just recently, my ankles started to swell like never before. I am on 230 mg twice a day, and it seems that when I took 100 mg 4 times per day I did not have this swelling, even though it is essentially the same dose. has anyone else observed this?
Hi Monarynko,
I was on Lyrica for several months 400mg. Had been on 3200 mg neurotin for a long time. I found Lyrica helped more with pain level, but also had edema and weight gain. I had always been thin until these two drugs. I felt the side effects of weight gain were not good for my health and Dr. let me gradually go off. I was afraid I would get the electric jolts, jerks, spasms, back again, but didn't. Had just a couple small issues the past year. I last 30 lbs right away, but gained some back on another drug. I'm grateful for not getting the side effects back. I have full body -14 years. I'm on healthy diet and building my immune system up and exercising -building stamina up. Getting some of my life back. Do have some flares, but have a great Dr. managing my pain level. It's tough. Hope the best for you. This is full of caring compassionate friends, always willing to support. I thank God for their kindness and my family doing so much as my health declined. Take care, loretta soft hugs
loretta is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote