View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 10:40 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Help Could Pineal Cyst Be Causing All My Problems?

I am a 29 year old mother of two, who was in relatively good health up until I had my 2nd child. I never could seem to get enough rest, which everyone credited to a new baby.

But once he was sleeping through the night and was 7 months old I was still very tired all the time. I am also suffering a feeling of not being very quick witted. I am at a loss for words all the time, I can't name everyday objects when having a conversation, and forget how to get home or suddenly forget where I am and what I am doing there.

I am also having constant headaches and pressure behind my right eye.

I went to my PCP and they told me that it was because I was a new mom and stressed. I tried to listen to what they said but it didn't get any better and I went to see a neurologist. They did an MRI and said that they had an incidental finding of a pineal cyst. The cyst is 14mm x 10mm x 8mm. The neurologist told me that it couldn't be causing my problems and said that I probably had epilipsy.

They did an EEG on me and didn't find anything, which she said didn't really mean anything. So now I am scheduled to have an ambulatory EEG done this Thursday. I am also scheduled to have another MRI tomorrow to see if the cyst has grown or changed...

My questions are: Could the cyst really be causing my symptoms? (I have more symptoms which I can write- This post is already long so I didn't want people to not read it.)

Can anyone here take a look at my MRI and make any observations about it?

Can anyone recommend a neurosurgeon or neurologist in the Rochester, NY or Buffalo NY area??

Also- is there a way to test the levels of melatonin in your body at any given time??

Thank You

sharon
s14482 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote