View Single Post
Old 10-28-2009, 05:22 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

I take DHEA. My blood test came back as low in DHEA. My wife has been on DHEA for years. DHEA is the quarterback of hormones. It manages all of the other hormones. If you DHEA is low, the others will be out of kilter. It also helps regulate your metabolism and energy levels.

The best OTC DHEA is by Schiff. They also have it at the best price. I take 25 mg per day. Don't let the pill sit on a wet tongue. They taste horrible, at least to me.

My wife gets hers from Women's International Pharmacy. It is a pharmacy that specializes in Bio-identical hormones. I get Testosterone cream from them. Mine T is low too. WIP puts the DHEA in a plastic/gel capsule.

Beware the alliterated DHEA supplements. Stick with Schiff.

BTW, Vitamin Shoppe has DHEA by Schiff online and in the store. It can be hard to find. Walgreens sells it online but not in the store.

You docs 10-25 mg is odd. I have only found it in 25 or 50 mg. Once a day should be good. How is your D3? It is also commonly low as is B-12 and folate. It can take a while for these supplement to show improvements. So don't expect immediate improvement.

When you are in a deep hole, first you have to stop digging, then you have to slowly work at filling the hole, then you finally get back to level ground and can improve.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
lopi (10-28-2009)