View Single Post
Old 10-28-2009, 05:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default New here and looking for friends!

Hi everyone. My name is Kim and I was diagnosed in January of this year with RSD. I am new at this, so please bare with me and help me navigate as I become familiar with this site.

I would very much like to chat with you and hear your stories. I have been unable to work since October, 2008 because of this illness, and I feel like I am losing my mind! I was injured at work; hit in the left hip/buttock by a steel cart while I was squatting down. Torn hamstring and Piriformis Syndrome. My symptoms didn't improve, and finally in January of this year I was diagnosed. Since then, I have seen MANY doctors, had P.T., Chiropractic and accupuncture. I have had several EMG's (awful!), and a series of Sympathetic Nerve Blocks. I have atrophy in my leg of one inch, and can hardly walk, much less function! My Pain Management doc is very unsympathetic to my needs, as I react poorly to Narcotics and am physically sick almost every day. I am at my wits end -- sick from the meds, or in agony from the pain. I just want to be listened to, and have someone understand my situation.

If anyone is willing to give me advise, please do! Thank you all for listening!

Kakimbo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (10-28-2009), ALASKA MIKE (11-07-2009), Hockey (10-29-2009), loretta (10-29-2009), SBOWLING (10-30-2009)