Thread: Hello hello!
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2009, 06:54 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Hello hello!

Greetings all!

Registered a little bit ago and wanted to say hello now. It would be nice to meet others with similar medical conditions that can directly relate.

I am Brian, 30 year old male living in Pennsylvania. For about 6-7 years now I have had bouts of arm and leg twitches. They happen whenever my body feels weak, such as when I have not had enough sleep (the most common cause), hungry, cold, stressed, nervous, etc. The most minor, and most frequent, incidents involve just a short jerk of one or both hands (1 happened as I wrote that sentence). Sometimes they get up to some arm or leg spats, and the most severe ones can result in one or both legs losing all their strength for just a split second, and I will fall down. I can immediately get back up again, but then it may happen again seconds or minutes later.

The 2 neurologists I have seen over the years do not have a name for this particular condition. It seems that the various neurological disorders have a variety of symptoms, and many of them overlap with each other. The particular "bundle" of symptoms I have though has no medical name.

My first neurologist from several years ago prescribed Depakote to me, but that had absolutely no effect on me, positive or negative (same with a stronger dose).

A few months ago my newest neurologist got me on a medication treatment involving a mix of Levetiracetam and Lamotrigine, and those have worked phenomenally well. All but the most minor symptoms were erased, almost immediately after starting. It has been that way for a few months, but then the symptoms have been working their way back in for the last few weeks. Nooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am going back to talk to my doc again, but also I am also looking for a new job (just quit my crappy one a few weeks ago, with the confidence that I could get a new one without having this condition factoring in...so much for that now).

I am wondering what types of jobs others with our symptoms have. Normal ones like everyone else, ones specifically accommodating to us, other? Is there a particular forum on this board for that type of discussion, or is this the right place for it?

Thanks,

Brian
Brian63 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (10-29-2009), Hockey (10-29-2009)