View Single Post
Old 10-28-2009, 08:09 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abasaki View Post
I am so tired!!! I can't get my MD to give me a referal to a Pain Management doc or a Physical Med & Rehab doc or any other doc!!!

I am a new patient for my MD---have only seen him once and he knows NOTHING about RSD... he tried to brush it off as Fibro. While I don't disagree that I could have Fibro in ADDITION to RSD... Fibro is not my first concern... I have had RSD for 5+ years and was diagnosed and confirmed by 9 different doctors.

How do I get to a doctor that knows about RSD and can help me?!?!? I'm on the edge of calling my insurance to find out if a referal is absolutely necessary. I need help... I am running out of meds and the pain is getting worse.

Thanks for letting me vent....

Abbie

This is a Horrific situation that any of us can find ourselves in, even after years of satisfactory treatment.

All I know is make those phone calls!
Call your rsd support group, get in touch with rsdsa.org
The support group leader should have some info. Go to a meeting.
Use the rsdsa.org website to find a doc!
I hate to recommend the YPages, or anyone who advertises "Pain Management".

I would gather your records from whomever dx'd you, anything else that's important (what happened to your previous docs?) and take those to a new neuro, at a good hospital.
Call a "good" local hospital, and ask for the chief of neurology, ask for whoever treats and is knowledgeable with rsd.
There's Nothing wrong with auditioning the doctor before you spend your time and money.
(Time is of the essence, but, it can also be a long term decision).

Lot's of hospitals have 800 #'s that have a call taker who will put you in touch with people who take care of certain disorders, take certain insurance, like that. For instance, in Philadelphia, I was dx'd at Jefferson University Hospital. They have 1.800.JeffNow.
Maybe you have something like that there?

Open all the doors, converse with a friend and brainstorm, because when you get pushed against the wall, it can be very difficult to think. Just keep thinking, who else can you call?
Look for the highest, best answers~!

Also, there is nothing wrong with calling your insurance company, because they have your dx as rsd, and they know that the best doctors are the least expensive way to go, rather than pay someone to "Learn on you". No sense in being a doctor's test dumby, when there are docs who really know alot about this monster!

I wish you the very best!

Pete
AintSoBad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Abbie (10-29-2009), Hockey (10-29-2009), loretta (10-31-2009)