View Single Post
Old 10-28-2009, 11:27 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Good luck. You do have one big advantage and that is that you have an early diagnosis so you have a better chance of kicking it.

For me this disease has been about learning my triggers. It seems to manifest in many people a little differently like there could be several or many diseases here rather than a single syndrome. I do share at least one thing with you and that is the pain killers are mostly ineffective. Even a large dose of morphine just makes me not care about the pain rather than truly easing it. Methadone has no analgesic effect until the day after I take it! There are a couple I use and find important. One is tramadol apap in fairly large dose. This doesn't end the pain but I can actually feel it kick in so I get a feeling of control over the pain. It seems to reduce it 20 to 40% depending. Tylenol 3 will ease all the associated pain and greatly expand the window to get to sleep. Most of us have insomnia and this one does help me sometimes when nothing else does. It also reduces my dependence on the tramadol.

Try to look on the bright side. This can be one of the hardest things of all but it what keeps me going when I'm going.
Imahotep is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kakimbo (10-29-2009), loretta (10-29-2009)