View Single Post
Old 10-28-2009, 11:31 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hey Annie,

Sorry that it took so long to reply...I tried replying last night, but my post got deleted, and I got one of those error messages...argh!...lol...I have been tested for RA before prednisone, a few times, and it was always negative...

I do have a list of my diagnosed conditions and undiagnosed symptoms on my comp., but I always feel too nervous to print it and show it to my doctor...I think that I'm afraid that it will be ignored, and it's sorta my last hope...

I was going to ask you...If an ANA is positive, is it because one of the other lupus tests are positive? Like the anti dsDNA test? Or are those two seperate tests? And what does the ANA attempt to destroy? The nucleus of which cells? In other words, what are the symptoms of ANA? I know that the dsDNA destroys the kidneys, but I don't understand why that happens...It's so weird...

This is also sorta why I was very nervous to have a thymectomy, and wanted to ask my surgeon to just remove my thymoma...but I know that's sorta stupid, because the tumuor will come back...But I was nervous because I have read about people with MG getting LUpus after having a thymectomy, especially when they've had 'dormant' antibodies floating around, like me..

When you were working for the Lupus foundation, did you ever come across someone who had MG and Lupus?

Thanks for your help!
Nicknerd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote