View Single Post
Old 10-28-2009, 11:49 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mme. De Huse View Post
Did anyone else feel as though they had been dosed on acid for two days on Lyrica? Had to stop it because I went down the rabbit hole-full psychedlic experience. Is Neurontin any easier?
Well, maybe without the high and without anything psychedelic. I was just bombed. confused. dazed. discombobulated. and vaguely light headed. did I say confused?

I'm afraid of neurontin but I take gabapentin and that's the same thing. It is problematic when you start it because it will probably make you extremely sleepy. ...sick to your stomach groggy. I started on 300mg and took one the first day and then two the next and finally three. After a few days the sleepiness went away entirely. When I first got the RSD this stuff was almost 100% effective at suppressing the everyday sort of pain. I was still a mess but as long as I avoided my triggers I experienced almost no pain.

I went into a partial emission and was able to wean myself off of it. It was very difficult not because it was addictive but because the pain would flare when I didn't take it. But I did get off. I noticed a significant change when I got off. I often noticed very unusual coincidences when not taking the neurontin. This fades while on the medication. It might be some sort of obsession that makes me notice them or something else entirely. If it's ever possible the gabapentin will go.
Imahotep is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote