View Single Post
Old 10-29-2009, 03:10 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

It does seem that w/Windows 7 the printer should be plug-n-play at this point. What I'd do is call the store and find out whether there's an updated driver or if there's a "patch."

Brand new 'puter? I'd expect nothing less than the baby to work right w/externals. Like you said, though... Probs. happen.

I'm not sure what generation of printer yours is - in the "grand scheme" of things. But I'm also not sure if older ones are forward compatible w/radio signals and stuff in newer 'puters. I've a new computer I'm set to set up to work wirelessly with a brand spankin' new HP printer. I predict, it will be a breeze, yet... if I try the wireless approach with, let's say, XP or VISTA on slightly older computers, it's gonna hit a glitch. I ran into that with trying to set MiFi; it worked perfectly from moment of install on the new 'puter but had nothing but probs. on a 'puter that's about 1.5 years old also w/VISTA O/S. (Despite what manufacuturers say and attempt, sometimes, the tech. just needs more time for sync'ing or catching up.)

Compatability could be a prob. You might find that you will have to work with USB for a time.

Bobbi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote