View Single Post
Old 10-29-2009, 08:54 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lady_express_44 View Post
Well said, Wiz and RW.

Honesty from this company, so that people can make fully INFORMED personal desions, is all I've EVER cared about when it comes to this drug.

Cherie
Hi Cherie,

What you and others are saying makes a lot of common sense but common sense and how big pharma operates unfortunately don't match up!

In the pharmaceutical world, most companies are in a very competitive battle to get a share of the revenue dollar. A small shift in market share can translate into millions and millions of dollars of revenue gain or loss. If Biogen continued to post information like they did about PML cases, it would only hurt their revenue generation and Tysabri's rough road for them is anything but what they had hoped would be a blockbuster medication.

I'm guessing that Biogen knew very well that the number of PML cases would start to rise quickly as time went on and that likely had a large influence in their decision to stop posting information on their site. It's all about the money with Biogen and little if anything to do with what is best for MS patients in helping them make an informed decision.

I have followed Biogen's handling of Tysabri from the beginning and this has left a VERY sour taste with me. Their tactics have pretty much been the same from the start....and it has been very little to do with MS patients and all about revenue generation.

Harry
Harry Z is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
agate (01-25-2010)