View Single Post
Old 10-29-2009, 09:25 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks for the information. I am actually a type 1 diabetic, so that may play a factor. I was diagnosed with type 1 autoimmune diabetes at the age of 27. I am now 34. All I can say right now is that I am sick of being sick with something all of the time. Dealing with diabetes is no walk in the park, but I manage pretty well with my insulin pump.

This buzzing in my abdomen is driving me crazy! I had some Valium left over and the only way I was able to get to sleep last night was to take a Valium and knock myself out! I was hoping it would cause the feeling to go away. It didn't, but I did manage to fall asleep. What did I wake up to? This crazy buzzing. I am going to call my doctor this morning and hopefully I will be able to get in to see him today.

Thanks,

Evonne

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Many of us at Peripheral Neuropathy have had this buzzing/vibrating thing at one time or another.

This may be due to an entrapped nerve that is getting stimulated now and then. There may be scar tissue that is entrapping some nerve. Most sensations in the abdomen are referred thru sensory nerves. So they may be odd and atypical.

Those fasiculations however, should be looked at.
Low magnesium can be a cause. Just about 70% of people in the US do have subnormal magnesium levels.

Here is my magnesium thread:
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/showthread.php?t=1138
This is a pretty big subject. And now there are a couple of books on the subject. Dr. J. Cohen is mentioned at the end of that thread.

Also twitching may occur when blood sugar is low. This is often the first sign of insulin resistance, and may progress to type II diabetes, if not controlled by diet. Up to 70% of people who have low blood sugar spells, report muscle twitching or cramping.
Evonne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote