View Single Post
Old 10-29-2009, 09:51 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brennan068 View Post
The EMG shows all normal to above normal results. His practice is run out of a teaching hospital so the EMG tech was teaching the Intern while the test was going on... I got my results as they went

Dr. Nicolle gave me several medication options I need to think about. Basically, I can stay on Mestinon at my dose without any concerns, I can freely up my dose to double it and plus... after that I'd have to seriously consider the other options. My MG is well managed right now, but I'm not going to get any better than I am now without going to imuno-suppressing drugs for a while (pred, immuran, celcept). I may look at discussing pred with my GP -- it is also used to help heal the lung damage I have from radiation burns, it could be a better option for me. Dr. Nicolle is sending all the drug info to my GP with recommendations pro's con's.
That all sounds very promising. It would be wonderful if the pred would heal the lung damage at the same time helping the MG. If I recall correctly you had some reservations like me about taking pred. Maybe it would only be a short course of treatment. When do you think you'll be seeing your GP and do you think he'll be the doctor you'll be working with concerning your treatment? I bet the new neuro you find will be a good one since he/she comes reommended by Dr. Nicolle. Good luck with everything and keep us posted. Take care.

Hugs,
Pat
Pat 110 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote