View Single Post
Old 10-29-2009, 01:46 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat 110 View Post
That all sounds very promising. It would be wonderful if the pred would heal the lung damage at the same time helping the MG. If I recall correctly you had some reservations like me about taking pred. Maybe it would only be a short course of treatment. When do you think you'll be seeing your GP and do you think he'll be the doctor you'll be working with concerning your treatment? I bet the new neuro you find will be a good one since he/she comes reommended by Dr. Nicolle. Good luck with everything and keep us posted. Take care.

Hugs,
Pat
My GP is a great guy who has done a good job of looking after me so far. I'll probably not bother tracking down a new neuro unless mine doesn't come back. This trip has given me the info I need so that I'll be able to work with my GP to manage my treatment on my own.

I did have reservations about starting steroids. They absolutely have their own complications and that was what Dr. Nicolle stressed. Mestinon is a great drug for treating the symptoms and it comes with the least side-effects of any MG drug. To get "better" at this stage, I have to go to something that will suppress my immune system for a while. Pred is a 6 month - year course before it would do what it needs to... Immuran is a year plus before it has finished doing what it has to do. A combination of the two is also an option. Celcept is unlikely due to co$t.
Brennan068 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote