View Single Post
Old 01-11-2007, 08:08 PM
artist

artist

Hi Bob,

I've just noticed there's a Rob123 on the BT forum with cervical spine RSD himself...is it you or your girlfriend with RSD?...

Anyway, here's what I wrote before I noticed that..
I'm sorry to hear about your girlfriend's diagnosis; I have never come across RSD of the cervical spine before. How did it start, where does it cause pain and how does it present itself?

I have both spinal stenosis and cervical spondylosis, C4 - C6, which are problematic but so far in check - they give me a severe stiff neck, permanent headache and limited head movement.

But worse cases of both result in pinched nerves, due to the continuing narrowing of space within the bone structures themselves, thus crowding out and putting pressure on the spinal cord and main nerve roots. The worsening of both conditions causes severe peripheral neuropathy and a host of other nerve conditions, usually affecting the arms and eventually the legs.But the actual site of the problem (whether it's C1 or C7, for example) will affect different areas of the body, since each set of nerve roots "controls" the nerve paths to different areas.

Symptoms of these conditions can be very similar to RSD, so I'd be interested in hearing more about how they determined the diagnosis of RSD rather than any of the other problems caused by neck bone problems.

The large majority of us have RSD in either arms or legs, for some it has spread to the organs or the whole body.

But no, haven't heard of it in the spine, it would be interesting to hear more about this...
all the best,

Last edited by artist; 01-11-2007 at 09:30 PM. Reason: just noticed..
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote